Queen's Palace,St. James's Park.
London Pub. 1st. May 1809, at R. Ackermannís Repository of Arts 101, Strand.
Hand coloured aquatint, 230 x 275mm. 9 x 10ĺ".
Buckingham House, the building which forms the core of today's Buckingham Palace, was a large townhouse built for the Duke of Buckingham in 1703 and acquired by George III in 1761as a private residence, known as "The Queen's House". It was enlarged over the next 75 years, principally by architects John Nash and Edward Blore, forming three wings around a central courtyard. Buckingham Palace finally became the official royal palace of the British monarch on the accession of Queen Victoria in 1837. Plate to Volume III of Rudolph Ackermann's 'Microcosm of London', 3 vols., 1808-10. Numbered 'Plate 65.' upper right.
Abbey, Scenery: 212, 65.
[Ref: 9879] £260.00