London Pub. Septr. 1st. 1809, at R. Ackermannís Repository of Arts 101 Strand.
Hand coloured aquatint, 230 x 275mm. 9 x 10ĺ".
The packed Lecture Hall of the Surrey Institution, an organisation devoted to scientific education and research on Blackfriars Road on the south side of the Thames, at the time part of the county of Surrey. It was founded by private subscription in 1807, but the Institution lasted only until 1823, when it was dissolved. Plate to Volume III of Rudolph Ackermann's 'Microcosm of London', 3 vols., 1808-10. Numbered 'Plate 81.' upper right.
Abbey, Scenery: 212, 81.
[Ref: 9870] £160.00