[A Corner of Sir Thomas More's Garden, 28 Beaufort Street.]
Limited edition etching, 150 x 220mm, 6 x 8¾".
The garden that originally belonged to Sir Thomas More at his country manor at Chelsea. William Walter Burgess (1844 - 1908) annually exhibited his etchings at the Royal Academy from 1874 to 1903. Burgess was a full member of the Royal Engravers and such major museums as The British Museum and the Victoria and Albert Museum, London, include his etchings in their permanent collections. For the folio 'Bits of Old Chelsea. A series of forty-one etchings by W. W. Burgess...' 1894.
Longford Images of Chelsea: 249.
[Ref: 9661] £160.00