Colworth House, Bedfordshire, 1861.
Tinted lithograph, image 215 x 330mm. 8½ x 13". Creases; tatty lower extremity with marginal tear to right. Very rare.
Colworth House was an 18th century on the edge of the village of Sharnbrook in Bedfordshire. It was for a time home to Henry Mond, 2nd Baron Melchett (1898 – 1949), who sold it to Unilever in 1947. The company restored and developed the house into a research laboratory in 1948, with the first staff moving in in 1950. Unilever still uses Colworth House as a research and development site.
[Ref: 9596] £180.00