The London Fish Market At Billingsgate.Erected By The Corporation Of The City Of London.
Chromolithograph trimmed to image and laid on publisher's card as issued, image 295 x 650mm. 11¾ x 25½". Card trimmed/damaged. Missing some of the text below image.
View of Billingsgate market from the river. In 1849, the famous London fish market was moved off the streets into its own riverside building, which was demolished c. 1873 and replaced by this arcaded market hall. It was designed by City architect Sir Horace Jones and built by John Mowlem & Co. in 1875. This building, known as Old Billingsgate Market, is now used as a corporate events venue.
Guildhall Library Record: 21750.
[Ref: 8814] £450.00