A View of the Earl of Radnor's House at Twickenham ~ Vue de la Maison du Comte de Radnor a Twickenham.
Publish'd According to Act of Parliament by J. Boydell Engraver, at the Unicorn the Corner of Queen Street, Cheapside 1754. No.30.
Engraving. 422 x 258mm.
Radnor House, probably built by John Hooker c.1673; and in 1741/5 the house was extended by John Robartes, 4th Earl of Radnor. Rowers on the Thames in foreground. From "A Collection of One Hundred Views In England and Wales". John Boydell's 'Collection of Views' was made after he turned from engraver to print publisher in 1767. The first collection was issued in 1770, and included some plates by printmakers other than himself.
Adams 47.33; Gascoigne & Ditchburn 247.
[Ref: 862] £320.00