Surrey Chapel.Dedicated by Permission to the Rev.d James Sherman by his Obed.t & Humble Serv.t John T.S. Ping.
London. Published for the Proprietor, by David Stroud. 163. Blackfriars Road.
Aquatint. 490 x 650mm. 19¼ x 25½". Proof after lettering. Paper scuffing and small tears outside of image.
The Surrey Chapel on Blackfriars Road in London. The chapel was built for the non-conformist preacher Rowland Hill in 1783 using an inheritance from his father. The chapel was destroyed during the Blitz.
[Ref: 8534] £360.00