Interior of Surry Chapel.Dedicated by Permission to the Rev.d Rowland Hill, A.M. by his obliged humble Servant, Wm. J. White.
Published May 10, 1812, by R. Ackermann, 101 Strand for W.J. White, 21 Upper Pratt Street, Camden Town.
Aquatint with etching, 400 x 455mm. Tears extending inside platemark on right.
The Surrey Chapel on Blackfriars Road in London. The chapel was built for the non-conformist preacher Rowland Hill in 1783 using an inheritance from his father. The chapel was destroyed during the Blitz.
[Ref: 8398] £180.00