Wigmore Castle, Herefordshire.
Published Oct. 16th. 1778 by V. Green, Mezzotint Engraver to his Majesty &c. No. 29 Newman Street, Oxford Street, and at No. 52, Strand. Se vend à Londres, chez les Freres Torre, Marchands d'Estampes.
Aquatint, 410 x 550mm. Some foxing throughout image; hand inscription '(from Strawberry Hill)' in title area.
Wigmore Castle was first founded after the Norman Conquest, around 1070, but following the English Civil War was left in a state of ruin.
[Ref: 8396] £360.00