General View of Esouan and the Island of Elephantine.
London, Published F. G. Moon, 20 Threadneedle Street, July. 1st. 1848.
Tinted lithograph, printed area 330 x 490mm (13 x 19¼").
Aswan, situated at Egypt's first cataract, studded with numerous granite islands. The largest, Elephantine Island has various monuments, and a Nubian settlement. Qubbet el-Hawa was the burial ground of the Old Kingdom noblemen from Elephantine, and their tombs were hewn out of the rock, about halfway up the hill facing the river.
[Ref: 4922] £900.00