H.M.S. Caledonia, 120 Guns, Lying In Plymouth Sound. To Admiral Sir David Milne, G.C.B. Commander in Chief at Plymouth, Captain Milne and Officers of the Ship,this print is by permission respectfully dedicated by their obliged and very obedient Servant, Henry Andrews Luscombe.
London, Ackermann & Co. Strand_ George Foster 114 Fenchurch,_Plymouth, Edmund Fry [n.d. c.1850].
Lithograph. Sheet 375 x 560mm.
Built during the Napoleonic War and once Admiral Pellew's flagship in the Mediterranean. In 1857 she was renamed the 'Dreadnought' and become the second floating Dreadnought Seamen's Hospital at Greenwich, where she remained until 1870. In 1871, she was brought back briefly to accommodate patients recovering from smallpox during the severe epidemic of that year.
[Ref: 3979] £480.00