[Eye Town Hall.] To Sir Edward Herrison, Bar.t, M.P.,The Mayor, & Town Council of the Borough of Eye, This View of the Town Hall and Corn Exchange, is respectfully dedicated by their obedient Servant, Edward Buckton Lamb, Arch.t 1856.
Tinted lithograph. Printed area 230 x 265mm (9¼ x 10½") Tear through inscription. Dusty in margins.
A rare view of Eye Town Hall, designed by Edward Buckton Lamb, a ‘'Rogue Gothic Revivalist'’ of the mid-Victorian period, described by Pevsner as 'the most original though certainly not the most accomplished architect of his day'. Among his works are St Luke's Chapel in Brompton Hospital and alterations to Hughenden Manor for Benjamin Disraeli.
[Ref: 39780] £130.00