The South Front of the Royal Stables at Charing Cross.
Engraving. 245 x 440mm (10 x 17¼") very large margins.
The King's Mews (or Royal Mews), as rebuilt by William Kent in 1732. The buildings lasted just short of a century, being demolished as part of the Trafalgar Square scheme in 1830, with the National Gallery replacing it. Kent (1685 - 1748) introduced the Palladian style of architecture to England, building Chiswick House in 1729.
[Ref: 39702] £160.00