[Receipt for subscription to St. George's Hospital, Hyde Park Corner]Received the 25th day of February 1777 from Sir William Lee Bart, the sum of five Guineas, being One Year's sbuscriptions towards the Relief of The Sick, Lame & Needy in St. George's Hospital near Hyde-Park Corner [...]
Receipt for subscriptions paid to St. George's Hospital, Hyde Park Corner, probably by Sir William Lee, 4th Baronet (1726-99). St. George's Hospital at Hyde Park Corner was converted from the Lanesborough House by Isaac Ware. The plaque at the top of this receipt replicates that on the building itself. The hospital is now in Tooting.
For a view of the hospital see ref 29409.
[Ref: 39198] £320.00