[View of the Marine Barracks at Stonehouse, near Plymouth-Dock.]To the Right Hon.ble the Lords Commissioners for executing the Office of Lord High Admiral of Great Britain &C. This View of the Marine Barracks at Stonehouse, near Plymouth-Dock - Is humbly Inscribed by their Lordships, most obedient Servant W.m Hay.
Published as the Act directs, March 16. 1786 by William Hay, Plymouth.
Hand coloured engraving. Platemark: 360 x 475mm (14¼ x 18¾").
A view across the water of the marine barracks in the background, as viewed from the entrance to Stonehouse Creek. The rocky outcrop on the right is Devil's Point and would later be developed to become the Royal William Yard.
[Ref: 38755] £450.00