East View of the Old Cloisters belonging to the Collegiate Church of St. Katharine, near the Tower of London.(taken down in July 1755)
Rare etching, 18th century watermark; sheet 210 x 300mm (8¼ x 11¾"). Trimmed inside platemark. Crease.
The cloisters of the medieval church and hospital of St Katharine's by the Tower in London. These cloisters had already been demolished by 1755, but the Royal Foundation of St Katharine continued to operate in the same location until 1825, when the remaining buildings were demolished to make room for St Katharine's Docks (which took its name from the church).
[Ref: 38693] £160.00