The Elevation of the North Front of an intended Building for the London Hospital in White Chapel Road, with Plans of the Ground and First Floors, 1752.
Rare engraving, sheet 275 x 330mm (10¾ x 13"). Trimmed inside platemark. Creases.
The London Hospital was founded in 1740 and first situated in Moorfields, before moving in the 1750s to buildings in Whitechapel designed by hospital surveyor Boulton Mainwaring as shown here. The new building, finished in 1757, was the finest hospital building in London at the time. This is one of few engravings of the hospital.
[Ref: 38687] £260.00