A Plan of the Ground and Buildings in the Strand, called the Savoy, taken in the Year 1736.
Sumptibus Societ. Ant. London. 1754.
Engraving. 480 x 360mm (19 x 14"). Large margins.
A plan of the Savoy complex, between The Strand and the Thames. Originally a liberty, named after Peter II, Count of Savoy who was granted land by Henry III in 1246, it had subsequently been John of Gaunt's palace, a hospital, and a military prison. Published in the 'Vetusta Monumenta'.
[Ref: 38397] £140.00