Perspective de la galerie et du Jardin de Mgr: le Comte de Brühl, et des batiments contigus a la prairie d'oster, a Dresde.
Etching. Sheet 310 x 420mm (12¼ x 16½"). Trimmed just within plate.
View of Dresden from the Right Bank of the Elbe, after Bernardo Bellotto (c1721-80). To the left is the Frauenkirche (built from 1726-1743), to the right is the Catholic Hof kirche (begun 1738). Between the two churches is the so-called Brühlsche Terasse, known as 'the balcony of Europe' and the Augustus Bridge (1727-1731). The original painting, now in the National Gallery of Ireland, was painted in 1748. Bellotto was a nephew and pupil of Caneletto. He worked in Dresden from 1747 to 1758, during which time he often signed his paintings 'Bernardo Canaletto'.
[Ref: 38387] £280.00