L'Eglise Royale Catholique, avec le Pont sur la Riviere de l'Elbe, a Dresde.
Etching. Sheet 310 x 420mm (12¼ x 16½"). Trimmed just within plate.
A view of Dresden's Hofkirche, with the Augusts bridge over the Elbe, after Bernardo Bellotto (c1721-80). His original painting, now in the 'Staatliche Kunstsammlungen', shows the Hofkirche under construction, covered in scaffolding. Bellotto was a nephew and pupil of Caneletto. He worked in Dresden from 1747 to 1758, during which time he often signed his paintings 'Bernardo Canaletto'.
[Ref: 38386] £280.00