View of the New Mint on Tower Hill.
Coloured engraving. 445 x 295mm. Paper generally age toned. Vertical crease through upper part of image
In August 1812 the keys of the old Mint were finally delivered to the Constable of the Tower. The main building, designed by James Johnson and completed by Robert Smirke, was flanked by two gatehouses, while behind it, and separated from it by an open quadrangle, were the buildings housing the machinery.
[Ref: 3755] £260.00