Children of Walter Synnot Esqr.
London Publish'd April 25 1782 by J.R. Smith, No.83, opposite the Pantheon, Oxford Street.
Mezzotint. Plate: 350 x 500mm, (13¾ x 19¾"). Trimmed within plate on lower edge.
Triple portrait, full-length, of two boys Marcus and Walter Synnot and a young girl Maria Eliza. In 1778, Sir Walter Synnot (High Sheriff of County Armagh 1783) built the first Ballymoyer House in the townland of Ballintemple, although the family had originally been large landowners in the County of Wexford. The Synnots were involved not only in the linen trade, but also owned lead mines in the vicinity.
[Ref: 37503] £900.00