Sydney Cove from Fort Macquarie.
Sands & Kenny, Sydney & Melbourne.
Steel engraving, sheet 150 x 200mm (6 x 8"). Tear lower left.
View of Sydney Harbour, Australia, with shipping, from the battlements of Fort Macquarie, built at Bennelong Point, where the Sydney Opera House now stands. Governor Lachlan Macquarie directed that a fort was built between December 1817 to February 1821 under the direction of Francis Greenway. The fort was demolished in 1901 to make way for new electric tramway sheds named Fort Macquarie Tram Depot. After Frederick Charles Terry (1825 - 1869), British-born artist resident in Australia from c.1852.
[Ref: 37091] £130.00