Port Jackson Heads.
Lithograph with tintstone, sheet 175 x 230mm (7 x 9").
Port Jackson (Sydney Harbor), the natural harbour of Sydney. Captain James Cook visited the harbour in 1770 and named it after Sir George Jackson of the British Admiralty. In 1788 Governor Arthur Phillip established the first Australian colony there, describing it as 'the finest harbour in the world'.
[Ref: 37089] £130.00