The History and Description, with Graphic Illustrations, of Cassiobury Park, Hertfordshire:The Seat of the Earl of Essex.
London: Published by the Author, Burton Street. MDCCCXXXVII .
Large folio, modern half calf gilt, new endpapers; pp. 32, 22 aquatint plates with wood engravings in the text. Frontis with repaired tear, all plates with some foxing.
First published 1816. Four of the plates are after paintings by Joseph Mallord William Turner (1775 - 1851) and six after Augustus Charles Pugin (1762–1832), who were invited to sketch Cassiobury by the owner, George Capell-Coningsby, 5th Earl of Essex, in 1797.
[Ref: 37005] £550.00