Graham's Town, From the Bay Road.
Tinted lithograph with very large margins. Sheet: 370 x 270mm, (14½ x 10½"). Repaired damage to top right corner and right outer margin.
View of Graham's Town, South Africa. Founded in 1812 as a military outpost by Lt. Col. John Graham, Graham's Town was created to secure the eastern frontier of the Cape Colony against the Xhosa. From Thomas William Bowler's 'The Kaffir Wars and British Settlers in South Africa'.
[Ref: 34493] £240.00