Launch of the Nelson at Woolwich, July 4th, 1814.
London, Published Oct.r 1, 1814, by W.B. Cooke, 12 York Place, Pentonville.
Engraving. 155 x 255mm (6 x 9¾"), with very large margins. Uncut.
The ceremonial launch of H.M.S. Nelson, a 120-gun first rate. Launched in 1814, she was converted to screw propulsion and rearmed to 90 guns in 1860, before being handed over to the government of the Dominion of Victoria, Australia, in 1867. She was sold in 1898 as a storage hulk and later used as a coal hulk, and was finally scrapped in 1928. From 'The Thames' by Samuel Owen (c.1769-1857).
[Ref: 34046] £160.00