View of Sion - House, from Kew garden.
Pub. June 1, 1795, by J. & J. Boydell, Shakespeare Gallery, Pall Mall, & No. 90, Cheapside.
Fine hand coloured aquatint with very large margins. Printed area: 215 x 320mm (8½ x 12½"). Slight staining in margin.
Plate 7 from Joseph Farington's (1747 – 1821) 'History of the River Thames', 1794, a two-volume publication including 76 aquatints. A view with several figures on a river bank in the foreground, including a couple with a dog strolling on the right, and a boat sailing on the Thames in the middle distance. Sion House can be seen in the background to the right. Syon House, and its 200 acre park, was designed by architect Robert Adam, and was first opened in 1415. The house now belongs to the Duke of Northumberland and is his family's London residence.
[Ref: 33470] £230.00