View of Lambeth, from Milbank.
Pub. June 1, 1795, by J. & J. Boydell, Shakespeare Gallery, Pall Mall, & No. 90, Cheapside.
Fine hand coloured aquatint with very large margins. Printed area: 215 x 320mm (8½ x 12½"). Slight staining in margin. Slight oxidisation.
Plate 12 from Joseph Farington's (1747 – 1821) 'History of the River Thames', 1794, a two-volume publication including 76 aquatints. A view of the River Thames looking towards Lambeth. In the foreground to the left, couples stroll down a pathway by the riverbank. a bridge can be seen in the distance. Blackfriars bridge can be seen in the distance to the left.
[Ref: 33465] £220.00