Pub. June 1, 1795, by J. & J. Boydell, Shakespeare Gallery, Pall Mall, & No. 90, Cheapside.
Fine hand coloured aquatint, very large margins. Printed area: 215 x 320mm (8½ x 12½"). Slight staining in margin.
Plate 16 from Joseph Farington's (1747 – 1821) 'History of the River Thames', 1794, a two-volume publication including 76 aquatints. A fine view of London Bridge in the right middle distance. A number of boats are on the river Thames below, with St Magnus the Martyr Church (designed by Sir Christopher Wren) and the Monument in the background to the left.
[Ref: 33461] £260.00