Temple of Edfou. Ancient Appolinopolis. Upper Egypt.
London, Published F. G. Moon, 20 Threadneedle Street, March 1st, 1847.
Tinted lithograph with large margins. Sheet size: 450 x 630mm (17½ x 24¾").
A view of the Temple of Edfou, consecrated to Horus, and second only to Karnak in size. This view, taken before the excavation of 1860, shows the complex from the Pylon, through the Porticoed Courtyard of 32 columns, two Hypostyle Halls and the Sacrarium.
[Ref: 33421] £580.00