[Winter Palace of Prince Eugene of Savoy]Außerliches Ansehen des Pallasts, wechen S. Durche Prinz Eugenius von Savoien [...]
Engraving with very large margins, platemark 300 x 430mm (11¾ x 17"). Text in French and German; foxing to margins only.
The Winter Palace on Himmelpfortgasse in Vienna, built for Prince Eugene of Savoy. It was subsequently owned by Empress Maria Theresa, used as the Court Treasury and Ministry of Finance, and has recently become an exhibition space run by the Belvedere. This print shows the visit of the Grand Vizier's emissary to Vienna on the 9th April 1711. Plate from Austrian architect Johann Bernard Fischer von Erlach's 'Entwurf einer historischen Architektur' ('Outline of Historical Architecture', first published 1721) , the first comparative architecture of all periods and nations.
for the Imperial Stables, see ref. 33399
[Ref: 33404] £450.00