[Palais Trautson, Vienna]VeŘe et Perspective de l'H˘tel, du Jardin, et de l'Orangerie [...]
Cum Priv: Sacr: Cas: Maj: [Leipzig, 1725]
Engraving with very large margins, platemark 300 x 430mm (11ż x 17"). Text in French; foxing.
The baroque Palais Trautson in Vienna, designed by Austrian architect Johann Bernard Fischer von Erlach. It now houses Austria's Ministry of Justice. The palace was built adjacent to the Imperial Stables, also designed by Fischer. Plate from Fischer's 'Entwurf einer historischen Architektur' ('Outline of Historical Architecture', first published 1721) , the first comparative architecture of all periods and nations.
for the Imperial Stables, see ref. 33399
[Ref: 33403] £480.00