Imp par Lemercier, a Pais. Paris_ Bulla et Delarue, rue JJ Rousseau. a. Bulla éditeur, 18 rue Tiquetonne. [n.d., c.1850].
Tinted lithograph. Sheet size: 290 x 380mm (11½ x15").
A fine view of the enormous statue of San Carlone, also known as Colossus of San Carlo Borromeo, erected between 1614 and 1698, near Arona, Italy. It is built on a hill overlooking Lake Maggiore, which can be seen in the background, near the ancestral castle of the Borromeo family. A series of chapels was planned documenting the life of the saint, (1538–1584) who was the cardinal archbishop of Milan from 1564 to 1584. Only three were eventually built. After Philipe Benoist (1813-1880), with titles in French and Italian.
[Ref: 33330] £220.00