The Marriage Ceremnony of the Prince and Princess of Wales, perform'd by the Archbishop of Canterbury, at the Chapel Royal, April 8th, 1795.
Hand coloured mezzotint. Platemark: 180 x 120mm (7 x 4¾"). Small tear in left margin. Light horizontal crease to centre of sheet.
An interior view of the mariage between the Prince and Princess of Wales, 1795. The Prince of Wales, standing to left, wears a chain and badge of the garter, with his right hand poised to put the ring on the finger of Princess Caroline Amelia, who kneels with hands crossed over her breast to right. A minister can be seen blessing them to the right, with an open book on a cushion in front of him. George III and Queen Charlotte are seated in the background to left.
Ex CLB: ii/iiii. Ex: collection of the late Hon. C. Lennox-Boyd.
[Ref: 32975] £160.00