Engraving, fine impression. Laid on India paper. Plate: 490 x 390mm (19 x 15"). Trimmed on lower margin. Tears in lower edge. Creases in top right hand corner.
Interior view of the Sheldonion Theatre in Oxford. Constructed between 1664 and 1669 it was the first major design of Sir Christopher Wren. The building was funded by Gilbert Sheldon who was later to become the Archbishop of Canterbury.
From the Encombe Estate, Earl of Eldon.
[Ref: 32651] £130.00