[Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme, and Brown. London. n.d., c.1818].
Coloured aquatint. Printed area: 160 x 100mm. (6¼ x 4"). Paper glued to corners on verso where previously mounted.
Prospect of Dresden on the River Elbe, eastern Germany, near the Czech border. To the left is the Catholic Church of Dresden. This is the largest church in Saxony; built between 1739 and 1754 by the Italian architect, Gaetano Chiaveri in late baroque Rome. In the background stands the Semperoper. After Adam Neal, from the publication 'Travels through some Parts of Germany, Poland, Moldavia, and Turkey', 1818.
[Ref: 31596] £110.00