H.M.S. Leander, 50 Guns.Constructed by R. Blake Esq.
T. G. Dutton. 1849.
Proof. Lithograph, rare. Size: 520 x 375mm. (20½ x 14¾"). Trimmed. Tear to lower right edge of sheet.
Launched in 1848, H.M.S. Leander was converted to screw propulsion in 1861 but sold in 1867. During the Crimean War, Leander served at the Siege of Sevastopol, which lasted from September 1854 until September 1855. Although defended heroically and at the cost of heavy allied casualties, the fall of Sevastopol would lead to the Russian defeat in the Crimean War.
[Ref: 31541] £420.00