Published by B. Benson, Library, Weymouth. [n.d. c.1830.]
Lithograph on india, very large margins. Sheet 222 x 285mm (8¾ x 11¼"). Rare.
Lulworth Castle, in East Lulworth,. Dorset. In 1610 the Castle was built as a hunting lodge by Thomas Howard. A Roman Catholic chapel was built in the grounds in 1786. Following the French Revolution, the surviving members of the French Royal family were allowed to use Lulworth as one of their residences-in-exile. Charles X of France stayed here briefly in 1830.
[Ref: 31298] £60.00