Pavilion Hans Place [inscribed in pencil.]
Pen and ink. 222 x 317mm (8¾ x 12½"). Tipped into album sheet, laid at edges on sheet.
Part of Hans Place Pavilion, which Henry Holland built c.1777 when he was granted a lease by Charles Sloane to develop 'Hans Town'. The grand Palladian-style house was built on the west side of Sloane Street with 16 acres of meadow and grounds which were landscaped by Holland's father-in-law Capability Brown.
[Ref: 29971] £350.00