à Paris chez Basset rue St. Jacques No.64. Déposée à la Direction de la Libraire. [n.d. c.1800.]
Engraving. Plate 310 x 438mm (12¼ x 17¼"). Creasing, small hole above title area; trimmed to plate along side and upper edges. Repaired tear at top.
A view of the Halle au Blé and its cupola. The original structure was built by architect Nicolas Le Camus de Mézières between 1763 and 1767; and the cupola was erected by Jacques-Guillaume Legrand and Jacques Molinos in 1782-83. Widely perceived as the symbol of governmental providence, the Halle au Blé was unanimously acclaimed for its sobriety and elegant structure. Partly destroyed by a fire in 1854, it was transformed by the architect by Henri Blondel and now houses the Bourse du Commerce.
[Ref: 29932] £140.00