Right Rev.d Chr Wilson D.D. Lord Bishop or Bristol.
Publish'd as the Act directs, Oct.r 25. 1788, by J. Jones, No.75 Great Portland Street, Portland Place.
Mezzotint with very large margins. Plate 502 x 350mm (19¾ x 13¾"). Repairs to lower margins.
Portrait seated three-quarter length to left with his cap in his right hand, eyes to front, wearing episcopal robes and short wig; with inscription in open letters and coat of arms in margin below image. Christopher Wilson (1714-1792), Bishop of Bristol from 1758; previously served as Prebendary of Westminster and canon of St Paul's.
Horne: 128. CS: 85.
[Ref: 29146] £180.00