Engraving. Plate size: 245 x 460mm. 9¾ x 18".
A view of Greenwich Hospital from the river Thames. Greenwich Hospital was completed in 1694 to designs by Christopher Wren and Nicholas Hawksmoor and functioned as a hospital for sailors until 1873. The distinctive split design was adopted to allow the already existing Queen's House to keep its view of the Thames. The Greenwich Observatory can be seen on the hill behind.
[Ref: 27941] £250.00