Villa Marina.Isle of Man.
[British, n.d., c.1840.]
Lithograph on india paper, india 135 x 180mm. 5¼ x 7".
The land for the Villa Marina estate was acquired by George Steuart (1730-1806), architect to the Duke of Atholl, shortly before his death; the house was built by his son Robert whose widow sold off some of the land. On her death it became a school, and then became the residence of Governor Pigot which signalled the move of the Isle of Man's capital from Castletown to Douglas. The house was demolished and the Villa Marina (Kursaal) concert hall and gardens opened on the site in 1913.
Not in Abbey Scenery.
[Ref: 27916] £95.00