[Maxwell's Temple, Kenmore, Scotland] Cross Erected near Kenmore, and dedicated to the Marchioness of Breadalbane. 1830.
Lithograph, rare; sheet 260 x 190mm. 10¼ x 7½".
This ‘Eleanor Cross’ was erected by Lord Breadalbane in 1831 as a tribute to his wife Mary, Countess of Breadalbane. Built on the site of an old summer house known as Maxwell's House on the north bank of the River Tay in Perthshire, Scotland, it stands 30 feet high and has a 9 step octagonal bottom that encircles the building, a cruciform middle stage and a square pinnacle top stage surmounted by cross.
[Ref: 27915] £120.00