St. James's Palace.
Pub. July 1, 1819, by A. Dry, 39 Upper Charlotte Street, Fitzroy Square.
Aquatint with fine hand colour and large margins, 240 x 300mm. 9½ x 11¾". A few stains to upper margin.
Built largely between 1531 and 1536, St. James's Palace was a residence of kings and queens of England for over 300 years. It remains the official residence of the Sovereign, although, since the accession of Queen Victoria in 1837, the Sovereign has lived at Buckingham Palace. Published in William Henry Pyne's 'History of the Royal Residences'. After Charles Wild (1781-1835).
Abbey Scenery 396.
[Ref: 27479] £230.00