Church of St. Sebald_Nuremberg [on stone].
[London: T. McLean, 1850.]
Tinted lithograph, image 385 x 280mm. 15¼ x 11".
Paupers gathered at the entrance to St. Sebaldus Church, a medieval church in Nuremberg, southern Germany. Dedicated to Sebaldus, an 8th century hermit and missionary and patron saint of the city, it is located at the Albrecht-Dürer-Platz, in front of the old city hall. It has been a Lutheran parish church since the Reformation. By Louis Haghe (1806-1885) for the Third Series (of 3) of his 'Sketches in Belgium and Germany' (1840-50).
Abbey Travel 41, 22.
[Ref: 26814] £80.00