Sacrament House in the Church of St. Laurent, Nuremberg [on stone].
[London: Hodgson & Graves, 1840.]
Sepia-tinted lithograph heightened in white, image 390 x 275mm. 15¼ x 10¾".
Magnificent gothic stone carvings in St. Lorenz, a medieval church in Nuremberg, southern Germany, dedicated to Saint Lawrence. It was badly damaged during the Second World War and later rebuilt By Louis Haghe (1806-1885) for the First Series (of 3) of his 'Sketches in Belgium and Germany' (1840-50).
Abbey Travel 35, 22.
[Ref: 26811] £95.00