Yorkshire Fine Art & Industrial Exhibition, York, 1866.The Right Hon: James Meek, Lord Mayor, President. Mess.rs J.B. & W. Atkinson. Mr. Edward Taylor, Architects. Wm. Procter, M.D. Wm. Pumphrey. Edw.d Taylor. Hon: General Secretaries.
York._Published for the Committee, May 1.st 1866.
Tinted lithograph, rare. 242 x 336mm. 9½ x 13¼". Bit messy.
A view of the hall built for the Yorkshire Fine Arts Industrial Exhibition of 1866. The centre panel shows the royal arms. The two rows either side are the arms of the "noble patrons of the undertaking." These were Lord Scarborough, Earl Fitzwilliam, Earl de Grey and Ripon, Earl Feversham, Earl Zetland, Lord Cavendish, Lord Halifax, Lord Milton, Lord Neville, the Bishop of Ripon, Lord Stourton, Lord Herries, Lord Hawke, Lord Grantley, Lord Muncaster, Lord Teignmouth, Lord Lord Feversham, Lord Wenlock, Lord de Lisle, Lord Londesborough, Lord Houghton and Lord John Hay. On the wings of the building are the arms of the Prince of Wales and the Duke of Edinburgh. Decoration was by Mr T. Worthington who also did the interior decoration.
[Ref: 26585] £140.00