[British, n.d., originally c.1680.]
Etching, image 70 x 180mm. 2¾ x 7". Laid on a scrap sheet.
View of Arlington House in Green Park, Westminster. Originally called Goring House, Arlington House was the residence of Henry Bennet, Earl of Arlington, a minister under Charles II. On the demolition of the house, in 1703, the site was purchased by John Sheffield, Duke of Buckingham, who built on it a mansion of red brick which was eventually to become Buckingham Palace. Possibly this is a copy of a 17th century print.
Guildhall Library Record: 20799. Collage: p5415527.
[Ref: 26444] £60.00